Shared Hosting Solutions Definition
A shared hosting solution involves stockpiling and/or sharing given content on a server managed by a shared hosting supplier. There are various classes of hosting services used for different goals, so let's survey them. In that way, you can determine what you need, depending on whether you wish to launch a web portal, mail aliases, or to share files with buddies and associates.
1 website hosted
30-Day Free Trial
5 websites hosted
30-Day Free Trial
- File hosting: a solution furnished by given file storage providers, which lets you share big files. These could be disk images, movies, audio files, archives, etc. This solution is also known as file storage, and its sole aim is to share files, since it does not offer website uploading. Once the files are uploaded, you will either receive a randomly generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to examine a roster of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to view .html or .php website files in your browser. Free-of-cost file hosting services often include ads next to the download links, while a timer forces you to wait for a given stretch of time to see them. A single file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you own a paid file storage package, there are no limitations as to how many files you can upload/download right away, and also there is no restriction in regard to the download speed or the file size.
Now, with the assistance of the cPanel web hosting merchants, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more trendy "cloud shared hosting". This is a completely false explanation of the actual denotation of "cloud hosting". A real cloud shared hosting system would split the tasks at hand between autonomous sets of web hosting servers in a cluster, which are devoted to attending various shared hosting services (email, data storage, statistics, DNS, databases, web hosting Control Panel, etc.) So, the file hosting service is only a kind of a disk space hosting service, not a cloud shared hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: close to file hosting; specific suppliers provide a hosting solution for images solely. This hosting brand is good if you wish to share a vast quantity of images with buddies or associates since the solution is usually free of cost. You will get a random link for every image or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file hosting solution, .html and .php files are not supported, so the service cannot be used for web pages.
- E-mail hosting: a solution dedicated to managing your email aliases. Some firms provide shared hosting services for web pages, but do not provide an e-mail solution. If you desire to keep an email address with your domain name but do not want to possess a web site, then the e-mail shared hosting solution is what you require. You can set up email mailbox accounts and manage them, but there will be no hosting service for the domain name. The email hosting service includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP e-mail servers.
- Video hosting: this service allows you to upload and share video clips. You can either share a link to a given video file, or you can embed the video clip in your site that is hosted somewhere else. The advantage of utilizing this approach instead of uploading the video clip in a web hosting account is that the video generates a given amount of CPU load, so with a handful of video clips and several hundred viewers, you may have a problem with your shared hosting reserves. Embedding the video will enable you to use as many videos as you wish without worrying about system resources.
- Shared hosting: this is the service that you require if you want to have a site. To a certain degree, it includes all of the abovementioned hosting variants since, along with your sites, you can also host pics and files, you can run databases and e-mailbox accounts, upload video files, and so on. At Domain Control Network you can see shared shared hosting and dedicated hosting services that permit you to have all of the abovementioned services in one place. There may be limitations depending on the kind of shared hosting service that you've chosen - a free hosting account, a paid shared website hosting package, a VPS hosting or a dedicated server. Based on that, your shared hosting account may be better or worse in comparison with the conventional e-mail/file/video/image hosting plans that are made for particular web content only.